Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tarifa Comp Review - 60mph winds

July 7th
Hi everyone,Yea the wind was super strong and managed to kick my but. With gusts up to 45 knots I just could not hold it on my six. Atempting to do some tricks in my heat but the wind was waay toooooo strong! So I came out 17th,. I did my best and I will have to kill it next time! I will be heading back home on Monday and look forward to riding with you guys back in Texas. In that smooth steady hot wind! Seen ya soon!
-Rocky

July 6th, 2007 (From Julia -Rocky's mom)
Hey Guys - When you get a chance log onto http://www.prokitetour.com/ click on register Tarifa riders under latest news - left hand corner what a great looking bunch of kids~! Rocky is proudly representing USA!!! I spoke with Rocky yesterday and just wanted to let you all know he said yesterday was insane - with winds up to 60mph!! He told me his board blew down the beach like a basketball and a dog blew by him, rolling down the beach, as he launched his kite. The judges stand had to be held down with straps and cables each popping loose and flapping in the wind. He said it was exactly like kiting in a hurricane. As soon as he launched his 6 meter, he was lifted 15 feet in the air. One guy got sucked out to sea and a helicopter had to rescue him. I am sure he will be writing and telling you all about it. Rocky had some difficulty with his heat in such wind - (learned alot I'm sure) :) Hopefully, the wind will slack off and he can come back up in the doubles. Im not sure what his rank is at the present, maybe 9th (?) Rocky is getting a priceless education and I personally want thank each and everyone of you for supporting and helping him. Ever since he began kiteboarding, it has been his dream to do this world tour and if it were not for you, he would not be able to travel and compete. Thanks again
Respectfully,
~Julia Chatwell

July 6th, 2007
Dude it is so freakin windy here! We had gust up to 60knots today. Insane. Anyways I am in the doubles and they start tommorow so wish me luck! Keep you posted.

-Rocky

No comments:

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge
pic by Toby Bromwich