Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Canary Islands PKRA - Round 1

Yea the day started out with the first round in the singles with 25 to 30 knot winds. I was in the 7th heat so I had plenty of time to rig my gear. The wind was blowing straight offshore coming from the mountains. It was super gusty with lulls down to even 15 knots and gusts to 35 knots! Constantly wondering what size to take out I rode a 10m to a 7m kite and right before my heat the wind picked up. I was then powered on a 7m kite. I was up against Rohndina , from Italy. The heat started out good as I pulled some massive 30 foot kiteloops, A kiteloop front spin, a huge frontmobe, and probably the biggest back mobe of my life. I had the whole crowd cheering. My opponent crashed on almost all of his tricks due to the strong winds, but he landed one switch move, and a few blind judges. As I came into the beach I felt pretty confident due to my powered tricks and big kiteloops, but 2 of the judges passed Rohndina for some weird reason. When I checked my sheets I could not understand how he passed and not me. For he butt checked out of everything ,and I stuck my tricks powered and clean? It makes me so mad that I try this hard and get this result, but I will never give in! I will come out of this thing in the doubles and fight for the title that I deserve! I will keep getting better until no one can beat me. I will train until the end! I will fight until the end! I will win in the end! I have come here to win in the top ten and I am going to do so. For the Wildcat Kite Crew! I will persevere! I will keep yall posted.
Rocky

Watch Rocky's climb up the double elim side tomorrow at : http://www.extremeelements.com/live_results/results.php?TNID02=29&TYPE04=DOUBLE&SEX01=M

1 comment:

Captain Greg'eh said...

Hey Rocky,
Great to hear from you. I like your attitude bro. Get a little angry and aggressive and run them over dude. You are the future world champion, all you have to do is prove it to the judges one heat at a time. Kick butt dude, we are all cheering for you here.

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge
pic by Toby Bromwich