Thursday, June 28, 2007

PKRA Cabarete Update




Yea, yesterday started off with the qualifiers for the new people entering in the PKRA. I sat and waited for the real event knowing I had a good draw in the singles. Stretching on the beach and getting my flag on my lines, I knew I was ready! With my first heat against Pinho from Brasil I stuck a L3, backmobe7, slimchance, kiteloop slimchance, switch backmobe5, KGB, frontmobe7, and a huge 360 indi front loop about 30 feet in the air. The wind was howling and I was lit on my 8 meter. I knew I had won this heat. I advanced to the next heat against Tomas Gohmas a good friend of mine from Brasil as well. Doing the same stunts with more power and kite position, I won again. I sat and waited for my next heat. I watched Aaron in his heat against local Dominican champion Alex Sotto. Aaron could not pull it off for Alex was too good. Alex progressing from that heat and knocking Aaron in the doubles, went against me in the semi finals. Landing all my tricks I have ever known and done, it was not enough to beat this guy. So now I am in 5th place and I continue to hold my rank. Let you know more tonight!
-Rocky Chatwell

Live Results from Cabarete at http://www.extremeelements.com/live_results/results.php?TNID02=27&TYPE04=SINGLE&SEX01=M

Cabarete Event News at http://www.extremeelements.com/competitions/pkra-2007-cabarete

No comments:

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge
pic by Toby Bromwich