Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gorge Trip Review

When I first arrived in Portland Oregon and guy named Chris from Slingshot picked me up and drove me straight to the Slingshot headquarters. I got to meet Mira and all the other staff there. Right after meeting everyone, Chris drove me to a place called the "sandbar" in the Hood River. The sandbar was SICK with some flat water spots also so kickers that I launched off of. The wind was pretty light, about 18 knots, so I tried the Slingshot Fuel for the first time. This kite flew very similar to my Airush Lift other than it had a little bit lighter bar pressure and was a tad bit faster in the loops - the one pump system was nice. Tell Captain T-Todd I hucked and chuncked one for him at his old stomping ground - the Hood River....
I really enjoyed my stay in Oregon, it was windy everyday and the water was very cold. At one point I meet up with Bill Morrissey of Dakine, and he gave me a special tour of the Dakine headquarters. It was Epic!. Anyways glad to be home at Wildcat to train for a week , then head to Cabarete (Dominican Republic) to kick some European butt!! I hope to do well, and I promise to huck and chunck one for all of yall - the Wildcat Kite Crew!

Later Rocky

No comments:

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge
pic by Toby Bromwich