Sunday, June 3, 2007

Italy Comp Review and Ice Cream Burgers

Hi
Just wanted to let everyone know, I am finished with the freestyle comp in Italy. Today is the slider competition at the lagoon, if we have wind. I don't do sliders, so I will just freeride. I wanted everyone to know that I learned a lot here, and it was one of those times when you go up against tough competitors.
I spoke with the judges yesterday, to learn more about how I did and what I need to work on. It was all very positive and the heat with Ruben, I am told was very close. The heat with Oneiva, he clearly beat me and the judges showed me where and how he won; So no wories, I will just train more and try again. I practiced a lot yesterday and freerode a lot throughout the day. I am learning how to get higher air for my tricks and to do this with the kite lower. This is one area I need to work on. The judges clearly want some different things this year and I know more about the tricks, the kite angle and what score each trick brings. So I feel really good about it, just sorry to place 17th, and did not want to disappoint any of you.
Many Many thanks to my sponsors and supporters. We had the best time here in Italy staying with the Italian family in the bed and breakfast. Thank you Mirka for making the reservation for us. It was so nice to stay here, and see how a Italian family lives. Much better than going to a hotel. The lady of the house is like a grandmother to me. She fixes me anything I want and takes me shopping and to see the town. I love it here, Italy is a beautiful place. Her family owns an ice cream factory and she took us to one of their many ice cream stores. I have never had ice cream like this. It was so good, and funny, because it is served in a piece of bread. I call it the ice cream burger. Then she took us downtown to the city square, and we went sight seeing around the town and shopping. That evening, her son, Sergio, took us to a very nice place to eat on the water, that only local people know about. The stay in Italy was perfect. I start my journey home Tuesday so see you soon. A few photos of my stay are below. Chow Chow,

Rocky

Plus more details on the comp at http://www.extremeelements.com/competitions/pkra-2007-italy

No comments:

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge

Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge
pic by Toby Bromwich